You wear many different hats as a group administrator. One of those hats may include being in charge of generating a provider schedule that is complete, consistent, and in compliance with the many rules, restraints, and requests around which your schedule is built.
Manual scheduling eats up a ton of valuable time.
Automation, however, saves you time, letting you focus on other tasks that demand your attention. Here are just a few of the things that you can do when the schedule is already taken care of.
- Research and offer advice on 401k.
- Listen to and handle internal complaints.
- Guide safe and effective processes for computer system outages.
- Ensure that the liaison for billing and coding is kept abreast of any changes, mistakes, etc.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Communicate with bookkeeping to ensure that department expenses, bonuses, and other financial numbers are in line.
- Update everyone on patient satisfaction scores and determine needs for extra training.
- Plan for monthly department meetings and draft an agenda for everyone attending.
- Find and hire new providers.
- Review your group’s malpractice insurance to ensure that bylaws are in check.
The fact is, manual scheduling is outdated, leaves too much room for human error, and takes entirely too much time. And in an industry where all of those are an unacceptable risk, that time is far better spent focusing on other aspects of your position that are demanding your time.
Click below to learn about some of the different ways that Shift Admin can impact your effectiveness as a group administrator.